A lot of women suffer from having disproportionately large breasts, which not only affects them on an emotional level but also causes a number of physical conditions, such as chronic neck aches, back pain, and spine-related issues. Disproportionately large breasts cause problems in the long run and even interfere with comfortable sleeping postures.
To address the problems caused by oversized breasts, many women come in for breast-reduction surgery. Some of the major reasons for getting a breast-reduction surgery are mentioned below:
• Chronic pain – Large breasts often cause consistent pain in the neck, back, and spine. This can even result in bad posture and numbness. When facing such continuous issues, it might be a good idea to consider breast-reduction surgery.
• Treatment in social situations – Oversized breasts can create a disproportionate appearance that can make a person look very odd. With breast-reduction surgery, one can avoid unwanted attention and gazes.
• Problems while sleeping – A lot of women find it difficult to decide on a comfortable posture for sleeping due to their oversized breasts. Breast reduction under such conditions can help women finally be comfortable during sleep.
• Difficulty in fitting into clothes – Women with disproportionately large breasts often find it difficult to fit into clothes comfortably. Getting a breast reduction can help them attain more proportionate breasts, which can help them fit into the clothing of their choice.
• Difficulty with exercise – Women with disproportionally large breasts often find it difficult to work out at gyms or to go out for jogs and runs comfortably, as their breasts get in the way.
Preparing for a Breast Reduction
Before the operation, you need to ensure that you are in good health and have a nutritious diet. There are also certain things that you should get ready at your own home for proper post-surgical recovery. Some of the major things that should be ready at home are mentioned below:
• Ice packs
• Gauze, washcloths, and clean towels
• Loose clothing, including comfortable airy blouses
• Medication, ointments, and creams as prescribed
After the operation, it is advised to refrain from physically demanding activities and to avoid any kind of heavy lifting. You should have a friend or family member drive you home once you have been cleared from the hospital. They should also ideally keep you under their supervision and help around the house during the day after the procedure.
Make a Change for the Better
Breast reductions are an effective way of managing body proportions and attaining a healthy and manageable physique. They have a very high success rate. If you would like to learn more, the next step is a consultation with a trusted medical professional.
Dr. Dev Wali is a board-certified plastic surgeon with numerous satisfied patients. Dr. Wali will be available to meet with you during a consultation to discuss breast reduction in greater detail. During this consultation, you will be able to go into detail regarding your aesthetic goals and more. Contact us today to get started with your consultation.