Facelifts are a much sought-after form of plastic surgery due to their effectiveness and precision. Sagging skin and facial wrinkles are a natural yet unfortunate side effect of aging and sun damage over the years. Our skin loses its elasticity as we age, and that’s why it tends to droop. In most cases, the face starts showing the effects of aging starting at age 30.
Although there are non-invasive treatments to tighten skin and address wrinkles, a surgical facelift is still the ideal procedure for most patients. A facelift has the capability to make a patient look years younger than their actual age. Not only will the effects last longer, it is also more effective.
The facelift lifts the skin in order to create a rejuvenating effect. It makes the patient look younger by giving them smoother skin that doesn’t sag.
Problems That a Facelift Can Address
There are many problems that can be fixed with a simple facelift surgery:
• The loss of elasticity in the skin
• The loss of muscle tone in the neck and face
• Drooping jowls
• The loss of neck and chin contours
• Numerous wrinkles, including deep creases stretching between the corners of your nose and the corners of your mouth
What Are the Advantages of a Facelift Surgery?
Facelift surgery can help you look younger in various different ways:
• The repairing of loose skin – Skin that’s sagging will be carefully trimmed and tightened in order to restore a more natural and youthful look.
• The tightening of facial muscles – The underlying structures that are in your face tend to sag as you age. The surgeon will have to rearrange and tighten the underlying muscles before moving on to tighten the skin. Doing this will help in prolonging the effects achieved by your facelift surgery.
• The improving of facial contours – The facelift tends to help in restoring a youthful look to many areas of the mid and lower face. It helps create attractive jawline contours, eliminates jowls, and smoothes out the neck area.
Besides these three main advantages of facelift surgery, there are also other benefits. It can elevate the cheeks, reduce marionette lines, create a stronger submental profile, reduce the “turkey wattle” look, and smooth out the contours of the neck.
At the start of your facelift, either local anesthesia with intravenous sedation or general anesthesia will be used to make you comfortable for the procedure. Following this, incisions will be created in strategic locations. Traditionally, incisions are made behind the ears and in front of them, as well as on the hairline. Once the incisions are made, tissue will be altered and removed as needed to achieve your desired results.
The Facelift Consultation
It’s important to look for a plastic surgeon with extensive knowledge and experience about the facelift procedure before you choose one for your surgery. As all people are different, the doctor will examine your unique facial features in order to devise a clear surgical plan.
Dr. Dev Wali, a skilled and well-respected board-certified plastic surgeon, has numerous satisfied patients and will be happy to help you achieve your beauty goals. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Wali, contact our office today.